The first is the Meme of Five, for which I was tagged by the lovely Sarah Miller (like, forever ago... I didn't forget! I've been saving it for the perfect time!).
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago was the summer between my junior and senior years of college. I was working at Barnes & Noble, staying up until the wee hours of the night, and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the Rest of My Life. (I didn't figure it out then and being a librarian hadn't ever even occurred to me...)
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
Since today's almost over, I'll give you tomorrow's to-do list:
1. Give my cat his medicine
2. Read one of the non-fiction books I checked out today
3. Work on a couple of school loan bags
4. Check on some graphics stuff with our graphic artist
5. Sign lots of kids up for the Summer Reading Club
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Carrots & hummus (er... hummus and pretty much anything)
4. Any kind of cookie from Trader Joe's
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Pay off my student loans and the loans/mortgages/bills of all my family and friends.
2. Travel. A lot. With friends.
3. Buy a house. Maybe several houses in different cities.
4. Give money to Alzheimer's research.
5. Give money to some literacy-related charity.
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Letting the dishes pile up (and I have a dishwasher, so no excuse!)
2. Over-thinking things
3. Forgetting to be positive and open-minded
4. Buying books and not reading them
5. Going too long without getting my oil changed
What are five places you've lived?
1. Louisville, KY (born and raised!)
2. Bloomington, IN (college and grad school)
3. Palatine, IL
4. And that's all.
5. (So far!)
What are five jobs you've had?
1. Bookseller at Barnes & Noble
2. Student intern at a psychology lab
3. Library assistant at a disability library
4. Library assistant in library adult services department
5. Children's librarian
Thanks for tagging me, Sarah! I know it's dorky, but it still makes me feel special. :)
And Mindy just tagged me for the Favorite Authors Meme:
Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your blog, answer the questions, and tag people in your post. Don’t forget to let the tagees know they were tagged, so leave a comment on their blog! And remember to let your tagger know that your entry is posted.
1. Who’s your favorite all-time author, and why?
I swear I'm not copying Mindy, but I have to say John Steinbeck. The Grapes of Wrath was the first adult book that really resonated with me. Whenever I think about his books, it feels like coming home to a friend.
2.Who was your first favorite author, and why?
I suppose my first favorite author was Beverly Cleary. I loved all the Ramona books as well as Otis Spofford, Ellen Tebbits, Mitch & Amy, and Emily's Runaway Imagination.
3. Who’s the most recent edition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Sarah Addison Allen because I loved Garden Spells so very much and I can't wait to dig into her newest...!
4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, what would pop out of your mouth?
Sarah Dessen, Andrew Clements, Michael Crichton, Scott Westerfeld, Maureen Johnson, John Green, Michelle Paver, Shannon Hale