** Sept. 18, 2012: With the various personal and professional commitments I've made, life has gotten too busy to review as many books as I was previously able. I sincerely appreciate all pitches for book reviews, but I am currently accepting VERY few review copies. I'm often unable to reply to the volume of email I receive, but I thank you for thinking of my blog.
As a librarian, I love to read and review books of all types. I will make a sincere effort to read and review all books sent to me, but, due to time constraints, this is not always possible. I also can't guarantee how quickly I'll be able to get to your book, though I will try to get to it in a timely manner. (This excludes books read for blog tours and/or other publicity events - if I make a commitment I will keep it!) Every book I finish will get at least a small review on my LibraryThing and Good Reads.
I will accept:
- Middle grade and YA fiction and nonfiction
- Nonfiction picture books
- Select graphic novels (I do enjoy some graphic novels, but I am pretty picky)
I am partial to:
- Realistic or historical YA and middle grade novels [recent favorites include Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Touch Blue, Marcelo in the Real World, After Ever After, Ten Cents a Dance]
- YA science fiction & fantasy (particularly dystopian/speculative, paranormal romance, and steam punk) [recent favorites include The Grimm Legacy, Raised by Wolves, Dark Life, As You Wish, Leviathan, Wake, and The Hunger Games]
- Nonfiction about science [recent favorites include The Frog Scientist, Just the Right Size, Lucy Long Ago, and Mission Control, This is Apollo]
- Biographies (picture book and chapter book) [recent favorites include The Day-Glo Brothers, I, Matthew Henson, and Charles and Emma]
I do not review and therefore will not accept:
- Fiction picture books or easy readers
- Adult books
- Self-published or vanity press books
Of course, I can't guarantee a positive review. I am more interested in posting about great books that I can recommend to others, so I may be more likely to post a review of a book that I like or that I think kids will like.
Sometimes I will decline offers of review copies if I have too much on my plate or if it doesn't sound like a book that fits my tastes. I'm not paid for this blog; it is a labor of love. No one wants to spend time reading books they don't like, and I reserve the right to put down a book I'm not connecting with.
I'm happy to accept review copies and galleys. If you are interested in sending me a book, please email me! In the case of ARCs, I know some publishers prefer that reviews be posted close to the pub date, while some like to create early buzz. If you have a preference, please let me know and I'll be happy to honor that as best I can.