- So You Want to Go to Library School? - This is my post with advice for people considering library school and library school students wondering what to do during library school to make themselves marketable. I'm writing from the perspective of a youth services librarian, but I think much of the advice transfers to other types of librarianship.
- What's it like to be a children's librarian? Check out my Day in the Life of a Children's Librarian for my answer to that question.
- Does your MLIS program offer courses or workshops on storytime/programming? If not, here are some places to seek out storytime training and experience!
Other posts around the blogosphere:
- Check out Mary Fran Daley's ALSC Blog post about having what it takes to work with youth in libraries.
- Sarah Bean-Thompson of GreenBean TeenQueen has the scoop on what it's like to be a teen librarian.
- Kate Kosturski's post So You Want to Go to Library School... has more advice (not necessarily youth-centric, but still very useful!) on whether library school is right for you.
- Alison Aldrich will tell you what you need to make it as a medical librarian.
- If you're job hunting now, Elizabeth has a nice series about job hunting for librarians.
- And don't miss Letters to a Young Librarian, a fantastic blog by Jessica Olin with guest posts from all walks of librarianship.