I was tagged for this blog's first meme by the wonderful and fabulous Wizards Wireless (she's got an awesome compilation of Best of 2007 Lists over there, by the way... go check it out).
Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I went to library school on a whim. Long story short, I had finished undergrad and moved back home and I desperately wanted to move back to my college town where my friends and boyfriend were. My undergrad university offered an LIS program, so I took the GRE's, applied, and the rest was history. I had never worked in a library before. I am seriously so lucky that it turned out to be the right choice.
2. Before entering the world of library jobs, I worked at Barnes & Noble for 6 years. I still kinda miss it sometimes. But I'm way too soft now... no way would I survive those 8 hour shifts on your feet...
3. I have two cats. Howie and Ava. I guess maybe that qualifies me as a Cat Lady. But I don't mind because I like them and they like me (most of the time).
4. I won first place in my school's Young Author's contest when I was in the first grade. I wrote my first book when I was in kindergarten (with the help of my teacher). It was about an owl. The book I wrote in first grade was about my cats. They went on adventures and solved a mystery. There was also a whale named Big Body Whale. Heheheh.
5. I won NaNoWriMo for the fourth year in a row this year. My story was about a girl who sees faeries and then is transported to the faerie world to fulfill a lost prophecy and defeat an ancient evil that's slowly taking over the faerie kingdom.
6. I love doing laundry. This stems from finally having a washer and dryer in my apartment after several years of having to trek laundry across a parking lot and use all my quarters to get it done. In fact, the washer is going right now. :)
7. One of the first books I remember loving as a child is Chris Van Allsburg's Two Bad Ants. I think it's so awesome that now I can share this book with kids at my library.
Now, here's the thing about tagging... I'm just not sure that seven people really look at this thing regularly, SO if you're reading this and want to do the meme, drop me a line and I will link to you. I know, I know, it's kind of a cop-out.