Here are the books we shared together at our meeting:
- Arcady's Goal by Eugene Yelchin
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill [teen selection]
- Cheer Challenge by Jake Maddox
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander [teen selection]
- Fantasy Baseball by Alan Gratz
- Hockey Meltdown by Jake Maddox
- Maximilian & the Mystery of the Guardian Angel by Xavier Garza
- My New Team (Little Rhino) by Ryan Howard & Krystle Howard
- Nobody Wants to Play with a Ball Hog by Julie Gassman (Victory School Superstars)
- The Only Game by Mike Lupica
- The Rookie Bookie by Jon Wertheim & Tobias Moskowitz
- Sasquatch in the Paint by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Stealing the Game by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
We also did a sports month last year, so check out that post for even more suggestions!
Our two teen librarians joined us this month and will hopefully be frequenting our meetings and bringing some teen/tween titles to share. As you can see from this month's list, lots of our titles could fall into that tween range, which is important for both departments to know about!
Next month, we're talking about Science Fiction (Superheroes optional to tie in with our Every Hero Has a Story summer theme). Got any favorite science fiction titles you'd suggest to me???