Back because I love it: 12 Days of Giving!
Starting on Sunday, December 1, for the next 12 days I will be posting a list each day with literary gift ideas for the children in your life. Books make a great gift because not only are they educational, but they're fun long after the holiday has passed. Need ideas right away? Check out my 12 days of giving tag to see last year's posts (and if you go way back, you can see posts from 10+ years ago when I was a baby librarian!).
Have someone on your list that none of these lists seem to help? Leave a comment on any post and I'll be happy to try to rustle up some suggestions for you!
And please remember your independent bookstores this holiday season! If you don't have a favorite local indie, may I suggest The Brain Lair, an independent children's bookstore located in South Bend, IN (you can order online!). It's run by the amazing Kathy Burnette, a former school librarian and kidlit blogger extraordinaire.
Here's what I've got coming up in the next 12 days and I'll update this list with links as the posts go live. It all starts tomorrow!
- Day 1: Books for Babies and Toddlers
- Day 2: Amazing Picture Books
- Day 3: Books for Dino Enthusiasts
- Day 4: Chapter Books and Middle Grade
- Day 5: Books for the Adults in Your Life
- Day 6: Books to Screen 2019
- Day 7: The Hot New Thing - new books in hot series and by popular authors
- Day 8: Scary, Scary Ghost Stories
- Day 9: Books for Young Makers - STEM and crafty favorites
- Day 10: Books for Animal Lovers
- Day 11: Diversify Your Bookshelves - sure bet diverse and inclusive books for babies through adults
- Day 12: Great Graphic Novels