To all in the States: Happy Thanksgiving!
I thought I'd take a moment and ruminate on what I'm thankful for:
- The great system of libraries set up in our country so my job does not consist of straddling a pack horse and traveling miles up and down mountains in the cold and sleet, a la Down Cut Shin Creek.
- My super awesome coworkers who make it fun to go to work every day.
- My wonderful Cybils panel and especially our organizer, Jackie, who's been just swell. This is seriously a lot of work, guys, but I'm on a great panel with a bunch of great bloggers and that makes it a little easier. :)
- Really nice authors.
- Independent bookstores that throw awesome conferences.
- Publishers, publicists, authors, and marketing types who occasionally send me free books and make me feel Very Important. Someone seriously needs to make a t-shirt or bumper sticker that says "Will Blog For Books" because I would totally wear that. (Special thanks to the publishers of the Cybils nominees... I've got a special post coming up about that later...)
- Everyone who visits this blog and reads it. It's much more fun to blog when your parents aren't the only ones who read it (hi, mom and dad!).
- And of course the requisite family, friends, health, cats, and a generally non-dramatic life.
Now, let's go eat some mashed potatoes!!!