1. The Debut Authors Challenge. I did not do as well with this in 2011 as I did in 2010. I read a lot of debuts, but I didn't review all of them. I ended up reading & reviewing 11 debut titles in 2011, short of the challenge goal of 12 and way short of my personal goal of 25!
2. Reading more adult books. I am very pleased to say that I succeeded with this goal!! My unspoken goal was 20 adult books and I read 29 this year. I owe a lot of that success to audiobooks.
3. Less pressure on myself about blogging. I think I succeeded with this goal as well. I definitely didn't review as many titles in 2011 as I had in previous years, which kinda bums me out, but it was a necessary cutback with all the other stuff that's been going on this year.
I also set a GoodReads goal of reading 200 books in 2011, which I met but just barely.
2011 was super busy with Emerging Leaders, work on various committees, one of my full-time employees out for a couple of months on maternity leave, and now our teen librarian has been out for the past couple of months on medical leave. Frankly, I'm exhausted! But I do have some goals for 2012:
1. READ LESS. Or, well, set a smaller GoodReads goal for myself. I'm going to set a goal of 150 books and try to surpass it. I aim to feel good about reading, not pressured to blitz through books to meet a goal.
2. Read at least 20 adult books again this year. I'll also continue reading debuts, but I'm not going to set a numerical goal for that this year.
3. This isn't a reading resolution, but a blogging resolution: I've loved blogging about our preschool storytimes this year and I will continue that. I'd also like to post more about general thoughts about and experiences with librarianship, so look for more of that to come this year.
How about you? Are you setting any reading goals for yourself in 2012?